Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Field Evaluation Leader – Global Climate Change Monitoring & Evaluation Framework Project
Tetra Tech ARD
Location: Washington, DC or Burlington, Vermont with travel
Last Date: September 9, 2011
FIELD EVALUATION LEADER – GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE MONITORING & EVALUATION FRAMEWORK PROJECT
Tetra Tech ARD (http://www.ardinc.com) is accepting expressions of interests for qualified Field Evaluation Leader candidates for a project funded by the USAID Bureau for Economic Growth, Agriculture and Trade (EGAT). The candidate will lead work on field evaluations of USAID global climate change (GCC) activities. EGAT maintains an active technical leadership portfolio to advance analysis and research on the topics of climate adaptation, clean energy, sustainable landscapes, and integration of climate into other sectors. The purpose of this task order is to review logic of Agency’s Global Climate Change results framework and associated indicators; develop an evaluation plan that identifies key evaluation questions and research designs for answering them; assist missions with performance monitoring, incorporating baseline data collection critical to performance and impact evaluations that will be conducted at a later date, and; conduct impact evaluations on past programs, beta evaluations and mid-term program evaluations to inform future GCC evaluations and programming.
This full-time position will be based in Washington, DC or Burlington, Vermont and will require frequent international travel.
- Work with missions on evaluation designs, including collection of high quality baseline data in a developing country context;
- Establish and maintain productive and positive relationships with USAID, international government officials, multilateral and donor organizations, and local partners;
- Supervise and manage local staff, short term technical staff, and other consultants hired to undertake specific assignments.
- At least a Master’s degree in monitoring and evaluation and/or climate change mitigation or adaptation, or other related field, PhD preferred;
- A minimum of seven (7) years experience of a managerial or technical nature in evaluating climate change and/or natural resource programs, with substantial experience in research design, e.g. sampling and statistical data analysis;
- At least five (5) years of technical experience in policy analysis in at least two geographical regions;
- Substantial experience managing and interpreting quantitative data collection and processes.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with complex field operations in closed and/or transitional or developing countries;
- * U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
In addition to a collaborative and family-friendly work environment, Tetra Tech ARD values diverse, energetic, and enthusiastic team players who are committed to high levels of performance and who are dedicated to providing superior services at all levels of the firm.
Apply on line at <a href="https://careers.ardinc.com/ARDCareers/App/USPostingDetail.aspx?PostingId=236" https
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
* A current CV in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations- in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech ARD is proud to be an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: September 9th, 2011
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to