Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Manager / Director, Liberia
Agribusiness Systems International (ASI)
Last Date: September 7, 2011
Agribusiness Systems International (ASI), founded in 1991 by experts within ACDI/VOCA, is a nonprofit consulting organization that provides agribusiness technical services in support of private sector development to create an increasingly competitive and dynamic agricultural sector. As a wholly-owned support institution, ASI draws upon its parent organization’s 48 years of experience expanding economic opportunities in over 145 developing and transitional nations and, in turn, supports ACDI/VOCA’s mission of promoting economic opportunities by focusing on and assisting farmers and agribusinesses in developing the skills necessary to operate competitively in a market-driven global economy.
Manager and Director Positions, Liberia
We are currently seeking multiple manager and director positions for an upcoming multi-year program in Liberia. Possible start date is November 2011, and the positions are subject to ASI being awarded the program. The program will support the development of multiple agricultural markets and value chains and work towards the overall goal of increasing substantially the income and employment opportunities for a large number of poor women, men and youth. The project will target smallholder farmers and related micro and small enterprises and will be based on the Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) approach.
Responsibilities (For Various Positions):
• Direct technical and managerial activities of the program
• Manage specific agricultural commodity value chain development
• Manage policy and regulatory activities
• Oversee monitoring and evaluation of project impact
• Lead gender integration and ensure inclusion, impact and analysis at all levels
• Understanding of business and agricultural environments in West Africa, preferably with knowledge of Liberia specifically
• Prior work experience with:
- Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) approach
- Agricultural market and value chain development
- Agricultural policy and regulations
- European donors, specifically SIDA and DFID
• Education background in agriculture, economics, international development or related fields
• Demonstrated record of dynamic, entrepreneurial and self-starting work activities
• Fluency in English required
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E5556D361D43515B7E59192F77561E6D0D627A48. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to