Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Local Government/Community Development Specialist, At-Risk Youth Project
Management Systems International (MSI)
Last Date: September 22, 2011
Local Government/Community Development Specialist, At-Risk Youth Project, Morocco
Company Profile: Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. MSI is part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm. Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide. It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries, including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia. Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
This forthcoming project will promote peace through development among at-risk youth in Morocco. Emphases will be on youth-serving local actors (both government and non-government), community development, opportunities for youth, access to information and communications for peace and non-violence.
Based in Rabat, the full-time Local Government/Community Development Specialist will be engaged in relevant activities in that region. S/he will report to the project COP to ensure seamless implementation and coordination of programming. The position will require travel to the targeted neighborhood in various cities in Morocco.
** Please note that this is a local position. Only Moroccan citizens are eligible to apply.**
• Under the guidance of the COP, implement, monitor and report on relevant activities and grantees in the region;
• Coordinate activities with youth, employability and communication components;
• Liaise with local officials, community leaders, government, youth leaders, etc.;
• Demonstrated experience working with local governments and communities in Morocco;
• Experience working with at-risk youth
• Experience with community and livelihoods development;
• Previous experience working on similar donor-funded projects in Morocco preferred;
• A degree in a relevant field is required;
• Fluency in French and Arabic required;
• Some ability to communicate in English desirable;
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website:
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to