Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Evaluation Methods Specialist
Management Systems International (MSI)
Location: Washington DC, USA
Last Date: September 22, 2011
Evaluation Methods Specialist, Washington, D.C.
Company Profile: Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. MSI is part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm. Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide. It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries, including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia. Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is currently seeking an Evaluation Methods Specialist as part of a two-year project, with three, one year options to support a USAID-funded comprehensive performance management system project. The objective of this project is to develop and manage a support center, which will provide technical assistance in the areas of strategic planning, project design, and evaluation to USAID staff in Washington as well as to Missions overseas.
The Evaluation Methods Specialist is part of a five-person team based in Washington. The Evaluation Methods Specialist will be responsible for overseeing all activities relating to evaluation. He/she will report to the Service Center Manager and work with the Project Design and Strategic Planning Specialists on projects, as necessary.
• Work effectively with the Service Center Manager and USAID staff in Washington and overseas;
• Provide support to Missions in ensuring that evaluations are fully incorporated into program design;
• Guide USAID staff in Washington and overseas in developing statements of work for evaluations;
• Guide USAID staff in Washington and overseas in developing evaluation methodology that may include quasi-experimental design;
• Develop training materials and curricula for evaluation trainings that may be delivered in Washington or overseas;
• Provide input on PMP development and DQAs;
• Guide Resident Consultants, Short-Term Consultants, and Assistant Coordinators as advised by the Service Center Manager and COTR;
• Ensure deliverables are of the highest quality of work.
• M.A. in social sciences or PhD preferred;
• Ten years of experience in both experimental and quasi-experimental design;
• Experience designing, executing, and reviewing evaluations of development programs required;
• Experience in research or evaluation design, including quantitative, qualitative, and mix methods required;
• Experience in survey design, sampling design, and quantitative analysis preferred;
• Experience in developing countries preferred;
• Fluency in English required;
• Excellent English-writing skills.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website:
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to