Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
CfBT Education Trust
Location: Home-based with travel
Last Date: September 2, 2011
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
The post holder will support the International Development Group and the Education Committee by undertaking specific research projects and consultancy visits, funded internally or externally, and by contributing to business development and project support activities.
* Undertake research and backstopping for the principal and senior international consultants as well as clients on international issues;
* Provide inputs to the design, implementation or evaluation of international consultancies and projects;
* Support the international consultants and partner organisations on specific consultancies and, where appropriate, take on a consultancy role;
* Work with the international consultants to identify and make links with potential new partners and clients;
* Support knowledge management in the team and the company;
* Contribute to bid writing and provide other business development support to the International Development Group.
This post is likely to require a reasonable proportion of overseas travel often at short notice.
* Masters degree in an appropriate field (with a significant proportion of education or development) or able to demonstrate through experience an appropriate level of skills
* Overseas (paid or voluntary) work experience
* Experience of what is involved in the design, preparation, implementation and evaluation of education and education-related projects
* Previous research or consultancy experience
* Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide variety of clients
* Ability to generate and analyse research proposals and to undertake practical research
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team working on a larger project
* Effective communication skills
* Strong written skills (report writing and research)
* Sound ICT skills
* Ability to plan effectively to meet client deadlines
* Foreign language skills
CfBTís core competences reflect the values of the organisation and behaviours that underpin performance for all jobs.
* Clear understanding of role and how it relates to the teamís and CfBT Education Trustís objectives.
* Demonstrates dedication and enthusiasm towards role and clients, the aims of the team and the values of CfBT Education Trust.
* Represents CfBT Education Trust positively by providing a professional service to internal and external clients.
* Seeks and acts upon feedback from both internal and external sources.
* Acts as a team player and actively supports team objectives.
* Reliable in delivering own objectives and co-operates to support others.
* Shows consideration for the feelings and needs of others and the context within which they work.
* Demonstrates an understanding of what makes an effective team, the value of diversity, and the strengths and skills of others.
Open and Honest Communication:
* Communicates openly and honestly giving consideration to othersí views and feelings, and allowing for discussion.
* Listens to others, and questions when unclear to ensure mutual understanding.
* Gives and receive feedback sensitively to create an environment of openness and trust where issues can be discussed constructively.
* Focused on meeting objectives on time by ensuring tasks are planned and prioritised.
* Prepared to ask for support from colleagues/line manager when required, to help meet objectives.
* Sets challenging targets that support personal development and is willing to perform above and beyond these when called to do so.
* Shows a commitment to creating success through actions, decisions and initiatives.
* Willingness to take on new tasks and to try new ways of working.
* Demonstrates resilience, remains focussed through periods of change or challenge.
* Demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness and can adapt to changing business needs.
Seeking and Sharing Knowledge:
* Shares information with others and actively seeks information for the benefit of themselves, team and CfBT Education Trust.
* Seeks to develop effective and efficient ways of working at individual, team and organisational level.
* Sees mistakes as an opportunity to learn and encourage others to think in the same way.
Send applications to: email@example.com
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to