Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Survey Economist, Independent Monitoring and Evaluation Contract
Management Systems International (MSI)
Last Date: September 20, 2011
Survey Economist, Independent Monitoring and Evaluation Contract, Islamabad
Company Profile: Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. In 2008, MSI joined Coffey International, Ltd., becoming part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm. Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide. It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia. Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management.
For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msi-pak.com.
In June 2011, MSI was awarded the Independent Monitoring and Evaluation Contract (IMEC). On IMEC, MSI will provide verification, monitoring and evaluation, reporting throughout Pakistan, and across all projects that USAID is supporting. The goal is to assess whether USAID resources are well-spent and achieving desired results and to prevent waste, fraud, and abuse in the administration of programs, regardless of the implementation mechanism.
Survey Economist works in survey unit within IMEC that will monitor all USAID-supported projects in Pakistan.
** Please note that this is a local position. Only local citizens are eligible to apply.**
• Preparation of Scope of Work for survey sub-contractor;
• Selection of sub-contractor;
• Orientation of sub-contractor team;
• Design of questionnaire;
• Pre-testing of questionnaire;
• Training of enumerators;
• Finalization of questionnaire;
• Questions, hypotheses and tabulation plan;
• Data collection;
• Data entry, cleaning/editing;
• Tabulation and working draft of report;
• Comments on working draft;
• Revised tabulation and draft report;
• Final report;
• Other duties as assigned by the Senior Program Advisor and Chief of Party
• Advanced degree in economics or related field;
• Significant experience in the field of development, including socio-economic research and surveys;
• Superior analytical and writing skills, as evidenced by at least one report or note;
• Demonstrated ability to design and implement sample surveys;
• Superior knowledge of quantitative methods, as evidenced by academic training or professional reports;
• Must be fluent in Urdu and English;
• Familiarity with USAID evaluation criteria a plus; and
• Should be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and statistical packages
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website:
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to