Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Last Date: September 25, 2011
Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 90 projects in 40 countries and revenues of $124 million.
Gender Specialist, Zimbabwe
We are currently seeking a Gender Specialist to provide research and analysis expertise for a gender assessment study in Zimbabwe. The Gender Specialist will contribute as a member of a small team by gathering and analyzing information on the current gender conditions in Zimbabwe as they relate to Feed the Future (FtF) programming’s value chain and policy components in Zimbabwe. The specialist will contribute to the study by analyzing women’s access to economic opportunities and identifying successful approaches that increase women’s access to economic opportunities. Using this analysis, the Gender Specialist will propose recommendations to USAID Feed the Future programming for increasing women’s access to economic opportunities and identify and analyze the resources required to accomplish FtF objectives in Zimbabwe. The assignment will consist of an estimated six weeks beginning October 1, 2011. It will require both short-term travel to Zimbabwe and work completed remotely. The position is contingent upon ACDI/VOCA being awarded the task order
• Conduct a gender assessment on gender considerations related to FtF programming’s value chain and policy components as part of a small team
• Provide input and recommendations for future programming to ensure women are targeted and engaged
• Contribute to the drafting, editing and formatting of findings and recommendations in a written report
• Contribute to the presentation of key findings to USAID mission and headquarters offices
• At least 10 years of experience conducting gender analysis and gender integration programming
• Bachelor’s degree in sociology, gender studies, economics, agricultural economics or a related field required
• Proven experience utilizing on-the-ground participator approaches to research
• Demonstrated understanding of USAID’s FtF, gender and value chain techniques and approaches
• Experience in sub-Saharan Africa required
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Fluency in English, written and spoken required
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E55465361D43515B7E59192F77561E6F0D627A48. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to