Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Team Leader - Gender
Last Date: September 25, 2011
Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 90 projects in 40 countries and revenues of $124 million.
Team Leader, Zimbabwe
We are currently seeking an experienced Team Leader to provide gender research and analysis expertise for an assessment study in Zimbabwe. The Team Leader will lead a small team in collecting, analyzing and presenting findings on the current gender environment in relation to Feed the Future (FtF) programming’s value chain and policy components in Zimbabwe. The consult will oversee the study by analyzing women’s access to economic opportunities, identifying USAID and other donor-funded approaches that increase women’s access to economic opportunities, and proposing recommendations to FtF to increase women’s access to economic opportunities. This work will directly contribute to FtF programming in Zimbabwe. The consultancy will consist of an estimated six weeks beginning October 1, 2011. It will require short-term travel to Zimbabwe as well as work completed remotely. The position is contingent upon ACDI/VOCA being awarded the task order.
• Lead a team of four experts conducting the gender assessment
• Oversee research and reporting on gender considerations related to FtF programming’s value chain and policy components
• Provide recommendations to ensure women are targeted and fully engaged
• Outline findings and recommendations in the final report
• Present key findings and recommendations to the USAID/Zimbabwe Mission and key office staff at USAID/Washington
• At least 10 years of experience leading teams in socioeconomic research focused on gender
• Bachelor’s degree in sociology, economics, agriculture economics or a related field required
• Demonstrated experience utilizing on-the-ground participatory approaches to research
• Experience in southern Africa required, experience in Zimbabwe preferred
• Proven understanding of USAID’s FtF, gender and value chain techniques and approaches
• Strong writing and communication skills required
• Fluency in English, written and spoken
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E5546D361D43515B7E59192F77561E6C04627A48. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to