Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Outreach Manager, Judicial Training Project
Management Systems International (MSI)
Location: Sri Lanka
Last Date: September 20, 2011
Outreach Manager, Judicial Training Project, Sri Lanka
Company Profile: Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. MSI is part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm. Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide. It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries, including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia. Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
This 2.5 year, USAID-funded project will assist the Government of Sri Lanka, the Judicial Services Commission and the judiciary to improve the management and efficacy of the Sri Lanka legal system, and improve access to justice to conflict affected and marginalized communities. The program will support the institutional capacity development of the Ministry of Justice, the Judges Training Institute and the Legal Aid Commission.
*Please Note: This is a local position. Only Sri Lankan citizens are eligible to apply.*
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Outreach Manager will be responsible for the project communications strategy and the development of project outreach materials. S/he will also work closely with the Judicial Services Commission and Judicial Training Institute to develop organizational publications and information distribution mechanisms, as well as work with the Legal Aid Commission to develop their outreach strategy.
• Establish and maintain a project website.
• Create promotional and publicity materials for project results as well as manage media events, including the drafting of news releases, success stories and project updates for the website.
• Work closely with the Judicial Training Institute to develop its website, Annual Report, and improve its informational/coordination functions.
• Work closely with the Legal Aid Commission to develop an effective outreach strategy to increase access to legal aid service providers through improved legal awareness and advocacy campaigns.
• Degree in journalism, communications or related field preferred.
• 5+ years experience in journalism, public relations/outreach, or media programming.
• Experience in creating and producing outreach, promotional and publicity materials,
• Demonstrated experience designing and maintaining organizational and/or project websites.
• Excellent writing skills; prior report writing experience preferred.
• Ability to multi-task and be responsible for media-related events and program-related outreach products.
• Prior experience on USAID-funded projects, including knowledge of USAID marking and branding regulations preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website:
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to