Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Deputy Chief of Party, Judicial Training Project
Management Systems International (MSI)
Location: Sri Lanka
Last Date: September 20, 2011
Deputy Chief of Party, Judicial Training Project, Sri Lanka
Company Profile: Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. MSI is part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm. Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide. It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries, including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia. Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
This 2.5 year, USAID funded project will assist the Government of Sri Lanka, the Judicial Services Commission and the judiciary to improve the management and efficacy of the Sri Lanka legal system, and improve access to justice to conflict affected and marginalized communities. The program will support the institutional capacity development of the Ministry of Justice, the Judges Training Institute and the Legal Aid Commission.
MSI is seeking an experienced Deputy Chief of Party who will provide overall technical assistance and support to the Chief of Party in the development and implementation of all technical assistance components of the project, with direct responsibility for the design and implementation of training programs for non-judicial officers, improvement of case management processes and institutional development of relevant judicial institutions.
• Under the supervision of the COP, the DCOP will directly manage and implement the training of non-judicial officers and case management components of the project.
• Provide leadership in assessing current case management procedures, identifying problems resulting in case backlogs, and developing appropriate mechanisms for improving case management processes, including skills development and training of judges and court administration personnel.
• Conduct strategic planning to modernize the case management process of the Sri Lanka legal system, in partnership with the governmental stakeholders and judicial institutions.
Develop course curricula and training programs for non-judicial officers, including implementation of Train-the-Trainer methodologies.
• Coordinate and communicate with governmental and judicial officials, including the Ministry of Justice, Legal Services Commission,, and Judicial Training Institute on all project plans and activities.
Provide institutional development and capacity-building of relevant judicial institutions, as may be necessary.
• Degree in law, public administration, or international development required.
• Minimum of 7 years experience implementing donor-funded justice sector programs, with prior experience at the DCoP level, preferred.
• Demonstrated experience working in the justice sector with government officials, judicial institutions and judges required.
• Demonstrated experience in policy and judicial reform initiatives, including experience as a Technical Advisor or Expert implementing court administration or case management projects preferred.
• Experience as a judge, court administrator or senior attorney with substantial training experience preferred.
• Experience designing and implementing Train-the-Trainer (TOT) teaching methodologies beneficial.
• Experience in Sri Lanka or the region strongly preferred.
• Experience with mixed legal systems (common law/civil law) beneficial.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website:
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to