Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Field Office Program Co-coordinator
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
Location: Tabora, Tanzania
Last Date: August 26, 2011
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, USAID, CDC and local partners, our objective is to expand PMTCT and Care and Treatment programs within the National plan. EGPAF provides grants to local partners to assist health care facilities in the implementation of the PMTCT and Care and Treatment services.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Field Programs, the Field Office Program Co-ordinator is responsible for direct oversight of program staff for Tabora office and monitor project contracts within the program for Project HEART, care and treatment and PMTCT in the area, ensuring that the program and program staff and site staff deliver the designed objectives and impact. Also in so doing is responsible for the programme work that supports implementation of the country strategy.
The Field Office Program Coordinator is responsible to the Associate Director of Field Programs based in Dar es Salaam. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
MAJOR ACTIVITIES OF THE JOB
Responsibility 1: Supervision and mentoring of program staff in Tabora
Human resources management:
- facilitate and participate in the recruitment of program staff for Tabora
- Orient and mentor new program staff for the program
- Complete performance management activities for direct reports and recommend personnel actions to the HRM in consultation with the Associate Director of Field Programs and Associate Director of Operations
Individual and team performance management:
- Support program staff and their teams to develop and implement individual and joint work plans of high quality and relevance to the country strategy plan
- Provide mentoring and coaching to program staff to develop identified competencies, and promote team building
Project performance management:
- Ensure that all program staff are familiar with program objectives for care and treatment and PMTCT; identify gaps in capacity among program staff and other program staff, and provide on-the-job training and capacity-building accordingly
Financial, administrative and logistics management:
- Ensure that all program staff are conversant with EGPAF’s financial, administrative and logistical systems, and apply them properly and consistently;
- Review program budgets forecasts and approve and tracking budget against expenditure and proper use of approved budgets and share with the ADFP;
- Ensure proper financial records are kept, financial procedures are followed and monthly financial reports are submitted to the country office on time
- Represent EGPAF in the field offices meetings, providing back-stopping support with programme support staff
Responsibility 2: Oversight of program activities in the region and ensure implementation
- Provide technical inputs and assistance to districts and health facilities with particular reference to implementation of the PMTCT and care and treatment program, supervision and other relevant activities.
- Assist in identifying new partners for PMTCT and/or Care and Treatment service implementation in the region.
- Receive and review program officers narrative reports and ensure proper finalisation in a timely manner, and submit final versions to the Technical Advisors and Technical Director with a copy to the Associate Director of Field Programs
- Support follow-up of issues raised by program officers and C&G staff from sites
- Liaise with visiting donors or their representatives, representing EGPAF in management meetings, and back-stopping program officers in their routine interaction with sites and other partners
- Ensure United States Government rules and regulations as well as the Foundation’s policies are followed by all staff and partners implementing the programs
Responsibility 3: Participate in the development of country office staff to consistently apply agreed programme tools
- Be conversant with the agreed program implementation plan, Monitoring and Evaluation standards and tools, participate in design and implementation of programme technical and co-ordination meetings, and provide support to program and operations staff
- Provide leadership to EGPAF’s program staff in developing and sharing best practice experience, and ensure that technical staff have up-to-date information about national guidelines, policies and protocols
- Work with closely with the Technical Director to provide technical guidance to the initiatives of the program
Responsibility 4: Other Duties
The FOPC will be expected to undertake other duties from time to time, as discussed and agreed with the Associate Director of Field Programs or his delegate.
• Medical Officer or Nursing Officer preferably with Masters in Public Health or related field
• Demonstrated experience in managing human and financial resources
• At least four years professional experience in HIV program management and practical experience in HIV/AIDS programs in developing countries is required
• Ability to oversee program implementation in care and treatment and PMTCT with minimal supervision
• At least five years experience in HIV&AIDS program management and in working with INGOs in a rural or peri-urban health facility in Tanzania
• Practical experience in treatment with ARVs and or PMTCT would be an added advantage
• Proven ability to manage more people and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work independently
• Strong computer literacy
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
• Ability to work as part of a team and motivate a team
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to