Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
United Methodist Committee on Relief, Non Governmental Organization (UMCOR NGO)
Location: New York, NY
Last Date: September 4, 2011
Location: Headquarters – New York, NY
The United Methodist Committee on Relief, Non Governmental Organization (UMCOR NGO) is a not-for-profit organization that provides transitional development and relief assistance to communities in need around the world. We are currently searching for an Intern to work out of our New York office at 475 Riverside Drive. The United Methodist Committee on Relief, Non Governmental Organization Division is currently searching for an Intern to work out of our New York office. This position will provide HQ-based administrative and program support primarily to UMCOR’s missions around the world. This is an unpaid part-time position, with a maximum of 19 hours weekly.
• Providing administrative and research support;
• Attending staff meetings and drafting and disseminating minutes;
• Compiling program facts/statistics and assisting with report writing/editing;
• Drafting general correspondence to UMCOR-NGO donors and partners;
• Maintaining and enhancing regional desk filing systems;
• Assisting with various public relations tasks including internal fact sheets, articles, brochures, etc;
• Answering and returning phone calls as needed;
• Assembling UMCOR-NGO manuals and other literature;
• Attending inter-agency meetings for note-taking purposes and providing written reports on what transpired; and
• Other duties as assigned.
The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs or related field; excellent organization, communication, research, editing and writing skills, as well as experience in office administrative functions and Microsoft Office applications (Word/Excel/PowerPoint). The candidate should also have a demonstrated interest in International Affairs and/or International Development. Candidate must live in the tri NY metro area or be willing to re-locate to NYC at his or her own expense.
Please submit your cover letter (notes) and resume online at http://jobs-umcor.icims.com/umcor_jobs/jobs/candidate/job.jsp?jobid=1333&mode=view. NO PHONE CALLS. Please specify job code INTERN in your cover letter.
Candidate must reside in the NY metro area and be authorized to work in the United States on the first day of employment September 15, 2011. Candidates will be reviewed immediately. The position will remain open until filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. UMCOR NGO is an equal opportunity employer.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to