Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Program Development (Business Development) Director
Location: Washington, D.C., with travel as necessary (estimated 30% travel)
Last Date: September 20, 2011
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
About RI: Relief International (RI) is an international relief and development agency with cross-sectoral programs bridging relief and development.
Under the supervision of the Senior Vice President, Programs, the PD Director serves as a senior member of the Program Development Department, focused on program development, outreach, representation, and organizational development.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Develop relationships with current and potential future donors and partners, including USG agencies, other bilateral and multilateral donors, private and corporate foundations, and project implementation partners
• Contribute to strategic planning in the area of program development
• Manage the process of development of concept papers, project proposals and responses to RFA/Ps
• Contribute to technical writing on proposals
• Work with the SVP, Programs to develop and maintain strategies for the development of existing country programs
• Travel to the field as necessary to assist in needs assessment, partnership discussions, and program design (30%)
• Liaise with and train staff on RI program desks and technical units to ensure that program development work is carried out according to policy and at a high standard
• Represent RI in DC at coordination meetings, conferences, and other external representation, as delegated
• In the event of a possible RI response to an emergency situation, provide direct support to the RI Emergency Response Committee in formulating a strategy for intervention
• Participate in the weekly Program Development Department meeting
• Provide guidance and leadership to junior staff
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Successful proposal writing and partnership development track record
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities, meeting deadlines
• Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
• Ability to follow instructions and carefully review work for accuracy
• Ability to act independently to identify and analyze problems and recommend effective solutions
• BA or MA in related field
• At least seven years work experience in a related field showing progressive increases in assigned responsibility
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Application Procedure: To be considered for this recruitment, please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, salary history, and three professional supervisory references (who we may contact after a second interview) with the date of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject line should include the following: Program Development Director.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to