Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Success Story Booklet Consultant, Iraq
Last Date: September 20, 2011
Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 90 projects in 40 countries and revenues of $141 million.
Success Story Booklet Consultant, Iraq
We seek a short-term Success Story Booklet Consultant for the ongoing USAID/Iraq Community Action Program, a community-based program that fosters direct citizen participation in the rehabilitation of their communities in order to address local needs. The program aims to enhance the capacity of community groups and local government councils to better articulate needs and mobilize resources to solve common problems, and to assist innocent victims of conflict through the Marla Ruzicka Iraqi War Victims Fund Program. The purpose of the consultancy is to develop a booklet containing a series of success stories about Iraqis who have benefited from the program. The consultant will be required to review program materials prior to travel, develop ideas and approaches for a compelling success story booklet, and be prepared to discuss and finalize these ideas and approaches shortly after arrival in-country.
• Conduct research on ACDI/VOCA’s USAID/Iraq Community Action Program during one week of background preparation in the consultant’s home country by reading program reports, documents, success stories and other program materials provided by the field office. Upon arrival in-country, meet with field staff to gain additional familiarity with the program.
• Choose success stories from each province for the booklet, with assistance from program field staff and management information system (MIS) and monitoring and evaluation departments.
• Work in conjunction with an Iraqi national photographer and with field staff support to interview beneficiaries and take photographs in partner communities and project sites, as well as at the Kirkuk main office.
• Coordinate with the photographer and national program staff for interviews and photographs in partner communities as approved by ACDI/VOCA’s security team.
• Develop template, style and content of the booklet in coordination with MIS Director and headquarters personnel to ensure that the final product conforms to ACDI/VOCA and USAID marking and branding requirements.
• Write the booklet during the third and fourth weeks in country, and include appropriate photographs. Give a formal debriefing and provide a draft of the success story booklet —in print and electronic forms—to the Reporting/MIS Director prior to departing Iraq.
• Bachelor’s degree in social and human sciences, and/or mass communications required.
• Minimum of three (3) years experience in producing promotional communication or reporting documents for diverse cultural and social audiences required.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and on high profile, results-oriented projects required.
• Good computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Publisher, and Power Point preparation required.
• Ability to work autonomously to achieve performance objectives and deliverables required.
• Expertise in document/reporting and writing success/impact stories on development programs in English required.
• Familiarity with USAID-funded programs highly preferred.
• Native English speaker; Arabic and Kurdish language skills highly preferred.
• Working experience with international development organizations and community development highly preferred.
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E5546E361D43515B7E59192F77561E6E07627A48. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to