Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Supervisor, Recruitment Unit
Special Tribunal for Lebanon (STL)
Location: Leidschendam, The Netherlands
Last Date: September 10, 2011
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
VACANCY REF: NL-OTR-HRS-G7-376
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 10 September 2011
ISSUANCE DATE: 11 August 2011
LOCATION: Leidschendam, The Netherlands
DIVISION/SECTION: Registry/Human Resources Section
TITLE: Supervisor, Recruitment Unit
Depending on professional background, experience and family situation, a competitive compensation and benefits package will be offered. The successful applicant will be offered a fixed-term appointment of one year limited to the Special Tribunal for Lebanon (STL). This appointment and any subsequent extension(s) are subject to terms of the Tribunal’s mandate and/or the availability of the funds. The Special Tribunal for Lebanon is an international inter-governmental organization with its own independent legal identity and not a UN organization. However, STL follows the UN common system for benefits and entitlements to its staff members. UN staff members may also serve on loan from their parent department/office, if selected. Appointment against this post is on a local basis.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Human Resources Section, the incumbent is responsible for the following functions:
Supervise the Recruitment Unit including planning and overseeing work of staff in the Unit; guide, train and supervise other support staff in the personnel services area. Assist in filling of posts for all categories, including preparations of job descriptions/vacancy announcements, contact with applicants/candidates, overseeing the coordination of interview/testing schedules with candidates and panel members. Participate in the selection of candidates for Professional, General Service and Field Service posts, including evaluating and screening applications of candidates, preparing profiles of candidates, conducting preliminary interviews and roster searches for vacancies and identifying short-lists of candidates. Propose level, steps and applicable entitlements of selected candidates. Ensure the completion of pre-recruitment requirements (i.e. medical clearance, reference checks, etc.), preparing/dispatching offers of appointment and related correspondence, liaising with candidates throughout the recruitment process. Oversee the maintenance and tracking of vacancy announcement files, including the coordinated monitoring/posting of announcements on STL’s website. Prepare quarterly recruitment plans and provide vacancy/recruitment reports on a regular basis. Act as focal point in HR for post management and liaise with the Budget Unit on a regular basis. Assist with the establishment and maintenance of integrated personnel management information systems, including new initiatives (i.e. e-recruitment, automated reporting, etc.). Contribute to the development and consistent application of staff regulations, rules, administrative issuances, guidelines and practices; interpret and assess impact of changes and make recommendations. Undertake research on a range of personnel issues and assist in the preparation of notes/reports. Provide general office support; process, draft, edit, proofread and finalize for signature/approval a variety of correspondence and other communications. Set up and maintain files/records of selection cases; schedule appointments/meetings, monitor deadlines, etc. Prepare written responses to queries concerning personnel related matters. Perform other duties as required.
• Professionalism – Knowledge of Human Resources policies, procedures and practices, particularly in the recruitment area, and ability to interpret and apply them in an organizational setting. Demonstrates use of initiative and makes appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipates next steps. Proven research and analytical skills.
• Communication – Solid communication skills, including the ability to easily present technical information to a wide variety of staff with regard to rules, procedures and processes. Proven writing skills.
• Teamwork – Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Planning and Organizing - Effective organizational skills and ability to handle a large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner. Ability to plan and complete assigned work, within allocated time. Ability to train and supervise new and lower level staff.
• Client Orientation - Ability to identify clients’ needs and recommend appropriate solutions; ability to establish and maintain productive partnerships with clients.
• Technological Awareness – Keeps abreast of available technology. Proficiency in personnel management information systems.
• Managing Performance – Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor the work of others; ability to make timely decisions under stressful conditions.
• Building Trust - Provides an environment in which others can talk and act without fear of repercussion; manages in a deliberate and predictable way; operates with transparency; has no hidden agenda; places confidence in colleagues, staff members and clients; gives proper credit to them; treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately.
• Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Post secondary coursework, training and/or certification in Human Resources related areas are highly desirable.
• Work Experience: Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the area of Human Resources, administrative services or related areas with at least 3 of those years providing recruitment/staffing services. Exposure to staffing or Human Resources records management will be considered an asset. Some years of experience in a supervisory capacity is highly desirable.
• Languages: Arabic, English and French are the official languages of the Special Tribunal for Lebanon. For this post, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of the other language(s) is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
1. ALL APPLICANTS are requested to complete a Special Tribunal Personal History Form available at the Website: http://www.stl-tsl.org
2. ALL APPLICATIONS should be submitted by the deadline via email to: email@example.com
It is not necessary at this stage to send copies of qualifications, previous employment contracts, entire publications, etc.
Only applicants who are under serious consideration will be contacted. The Tribunal is not in a position to respond to queries regarding information on the status of vacancies or unsolicited open applications.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to