Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Chief of Party - Environmental Field Support
Tetra Tech ARD
Location: Washington DC
Last Date: August 26, 2011
CHIEF OF PARTY - ENVIRONMENTAL FIELD SUPPORT – ASIA REGION
Tetra Tech ARD (http://www.ardinc.com), a leading international development consulting firm based in Burlington, Vermont and Washington, D.C., is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Chief of Party candidates for a USAID-funded project under the Global Climate Change Initiative. This project will serve as a resource for Asia Missions and will provide them with short term technical assistance on topics such as climate change adaptation, climate change integrations within the development portfolio, and monitoring and evaluation. Technical specialists will provide additional assistance by compiling climate-related statistics, communicating USAID region-wide results and monitoring overall environmental threats, changes and opportunities, some of them related to infrastructure development.
The Chief of Party will be based in a project office in Washington, D.C.
The Chief of Party’s role consists of a range of managerial and technical activities, including managing the deployment of STTA. The Chief of Party position requires significant coordination with USAID and developing country counterparts, broad general and technical knowledge of climate change adaptation, experience in developing countries, and the skills to ensure coherence and consistency under tight deadlines, including quality control and timeliness of all deliverables.
* Masters degree in a field directly related to climate change and/or the environment;
* Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in managing and implementing programs with demonstrated strong management and coordination skills;
* Five years of progressively responsible supervisory work experience including direct supervision of professional and support staff; and assembling teams of diverse professionals to respond to complex assignments;
* At least five years substantial managerial and technical experience in Asia.
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
In addition to a collaborative and family-friendly work environment, Tetra Tech ARD values diverse, energetic, and enthusiastic team players who are committed to high levels of performance and who are dedicated to providing superior services at all levels of the firm.
Apply on line at https://careers.ardinc.com/ARDCareers/App/USPostingDetail.aspx?PostingId=232
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
* A current CV in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations- in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech ARD is proud to be an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: August 26th, 2011
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to