Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
International Expert:Training Judges and Prosecutors on Skills to Interview Children Victims/Witnesses of Violence and Abuse
Last Date: August 26, 2011
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
UNICEF Office in Skopje would like to invite experienced international experts to apply for the following temporary consultancy:
Training Judges and Prosecutors on Skills to Interview Children Victims/Witnesses of Violence and Abuse
Contract Duration: Eight months (September 2011 – April 2012).
Purpose of assignment: The purpose of this consultancy is to raise the capacity of the judiciary and the prosecution office in dealing with criminal cases involving minors, both as victims of violent crime (domestic violence, sexual abuse, etc.) or witnesses of crime. Appropriate training material will be developed and delivered under this consultancy that will contribute to the establishment of a comprehensive set of measures aimed at protecting the best interest of the child during court procedures. More specifically, the training will build skills among judges and prosecutors to interview and draw children’s testimony in court hearing that will complement and build upon already existing services and resources available to children witnesses and/or victims of violence, such as the Child Friendly Investigation Rooms and the Counseling Centre for Children and Families at Risk of Domestic Violence.
The international expert will undertake the following tasks:
i) Conduct an assessment of training needs for judges and prosecutors on interviewing child victims of violence and child witnesses of violent crimes and produce a report.
ii) Develop training materials for judges and prosecutors on interviewing child victims of violence and child witnesses of violent crimes, finalize it in consultation with the counterparts, and deliver 4 training events to approximately 100 judges and prosecutors.
iii) Produce a final narrative report outlining achievements, constraints and recommendations for the future.
Qualifications/specialized knowledge/experience required:
- Advanced degree in Criminal Law, Social Work, Social Policy or related field;
- Certified for delivery of training in law and/or social work by a recognized and approved training facility;
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience as legal practitioner and/or in a social work advisory function;
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of social welfare and social work for children in need of special protection and/or domestic violence. Previous experience in the CEE/CIS region is a strong asset;
- Additional competencies: strong presentation skills and ability to facilitate the work of others.
- Previous experience working for the UN agencies is an asset
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Excellent report writing and human relation skills.
For more details see the attached Terms of Reference.
How to Apply:
Candidates should submit their CVs by August 26, 2011 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received after the proposed deadline will not be taken into consideration. Only short-listed candidate will be contacted.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to