Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Procurement Assistant, Independent Monitoring and Evaluation Contract
Management Systems International (MSI)
Last Date: September 11, 2011
Procurement Assistant, Independent Monitoring and Evaluation Contract, Islamabad
Company Profile: Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. In 2008, MSI joined Coffey International, Ltd., becoming part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm. Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide. It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia. Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management.
For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In June 2011, MSI was awarded the Independent Monitoring and Evaluation Contract (IMEC). On IMEC, MSI will provide verification, monitoring and evaluation, reporting throughout Pakistan, and across all projects that USAID is supporting. The goal is to assess whether USAID resources are well-spent and achieving desired results and to prevent waste, fraud, and abuse in the administration of programs, regardless of the implementation mechanism.
Under the direction of the IMEC Procurement Officer, this person will analyze each project procurement to ensure compliance with USAID procurement regulations as well as MSI policy. For every purchase, he or she will conduct price comparisons demonstrating a competitive approach to vendor selection.
** Please note that this is a local position. Only local citizens are eligible to apply.**
• Report to Procurement Officer;
• Conduct price comparisons for all potential procurement with local businesses;
• Ensure all costs are incurred under fair and open competition;
• Show that all procurement is in strict compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations; and
• Other responsibilities as assigned by Chief of Party and Senior Office Manager
• Experience in contract procurement;
• Fluency in English and Urdu; fluency in other regional languages desired;
• Knowledge of FAR, ADS, and USAID procurement regulations desired;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (writing and speaking);
• Highly organized work habits, attention to detail; and
• Experience working with the US Agency for International Development and other international donors a plus.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website: www.msi-pak.com.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to