Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Environment and Natural Resource Specialists
Tetra Tech ARD
Location: Burlington, Vermont and Arlington, Virginia, USA
Last Date: September 10, 2011
ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCE SPECIALISTS Ė ASSOCIATE / SR. ASSOCIATE
Tetra Tech ARD (www.ardinc.com), has immediate home office staff openings for qualified specialists in the following areas: Global Climate Change (Adaptation), Forestry (REDD/REDD Plus), Coastal one and Fisheries Management and NRM-related Food Security (tied to Feed the Future), and environmental compliance. These specialists will join Tetra Tech ARDís Environment & Natural Resources (ENR) Sector, and will work on both program implementation and new business development, primarily for USAID-funded projects. It is essential that candidates demonstrate prior proficiency with new business development, proposal writing, and contract management in either the non-profit or for-profit field of international development. Candidates should be interested in career development opportunities that lead to overseas assignments and senior home-office roles.
These positions will be based in Tetra Tech ARD's home office in Burlington, Vermont and its satellite office in Arlington, Virginia. The person occupying the Virginia based position will play a strong networking role with Tetra Tech ARDís partners and other Washington, DC based organizations.
* A full portfolio of professional services in support of Tetra Tech ARDís ENR practice areas. These include: new business development (marketing and proposal development), contract oversight and management, and strong financial management oversight.
* Design and contribute to strategies for sustainable natural resource management that integrate economic growth and governance;
* Contributing to corporate strategic planning and business opportunity development at Tetra Tech ARD and more broadly with the TT family of business units.
* Demonstrated excellence and qualifications in a natural resource or related field (e.g., forestry, biodiversity conservation, watershed management, geography, community based natural resources management, anthropology/sociology, property rights, human rights, resource economics, climate change adaptation, environmental compliance and management);
* Minimum 10-15 years of professional experience, including at least 3-8 years of work experience overseas with strong client, supervisor and peer recommendations;
* Long-term project implementation experience;
* Previous experience managing integrated teams (e.g., Chief of Party, Country Director or Team Leader);
* Demonstrated writing ability and previous successful proposal development experience responding to USAID and USG procurements;
* Functional competency in at least one major foreign language is essential (preferred languages include Spanish and French);
* High level proficiency in MS Office applications;
* Demonstrated strengths in multi-tasking and with team work;
* Must be comfortable working in a fast paced and sometimes intense work environment;
* This position requires frequent short-term international field work (30% - 50%)
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.
In addition to a collaborative and family-friendly work environment, Tetra Tech ARD values diverse, energetic, and enthusiastic team players who are committed to high levels of performance and who are dedicated to providing superior services at all levels of the firm.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
* A current CV in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
* A writing sample of a technical nature.
Apply on line at https://careers.ardinc.com/ARDCareers/App/USPostingDetail.aspx?PostingId=56
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations- in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech ARD is proud to be an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to