Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Malaria Elimination Analyst
Clinton Health Access Initiative
Location: Jozini, South Africa
Last Date: September 5, 2011
The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to strengthening integrated health systems in the developing world and expanding access to care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, malaria and TB. In South Africa, CHAI is supporting the National Department of Health in its vision to eliminate malaria from the country.
The CHAI South Africa team is seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding academic credentials and strong analytical capabilities to fill the position of Malaria Elimination Analyst to be based in Jozini, KwaZulu-Natal, with the Malaria Control Programme within the Provincial Department of Health. Candidates must be able to function independently and have a strong commitment to excellence. The Malaria Elimination Analyst will report to the Department of Health Provincial Malaria Manager and the CHAI Malaria Elimination Coordinator. Contract position for one year.
Key Performance areas
* Provide technical support to the Provincial Malaria Control Programme in strategic and operational planning and monitoring and evaluation
* Provide support to the Provincial Malaria Control Programme and other partners in supporting the re-orientation of malaria programmes from that of control to elimination
* Support and facilitate the improvement of data collection, data management, and analysis
* Provide support on operational and epidemiological research within the province
* Assist the National Department of Health in developing the active case detection guidelines and assist the Province in implementation of the guidelines
* Assist provincial and district malaria control programmes to implement guidelines and policies to ensure alignment with South Africaís National Strategic Plan for Malaria Elimination
* Perform administrative tasks in support of CHAIís South Africa office where required
* Bachelors degree/B. degree in science/statistics or related field
* At least 2 years of professional experience, preferably in public health, health systems strengthening, management consulting, finance or other related fields
* Current Department of Health employees will not be considered
* Must be able to live in a remote setting
Knowledge & Skills
* Exceptional problem solving skills and analytical capabilities
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with senior government and NGO representatives
* Ability to work effectively in a challenging political and multicultural environment
* Ability to multi-task and communicate well in high-pressure situations
* Ability to absorb and synthesize a broad range of information
* Ability to work independently in unstructured settings and communicate effectively within a remote, decentralized team
* High level of proficiency in relevant computer applications particularly Excel, PowerPoint & Word
* Graduate degree in public health, epidemiology, business/public administration or medical anthropology
* Experience in management consulting, finance, and/or relevant private sector experience
* Experience working with malaria and/or other infectious diseases
* Knowledge of statistical software packages (ex. SPSS, Access, STATA, Epi Info and Excel)
* Previous experience working in fast-paced, high-pressure multicultural environments
PLEASE APPLY HERE: https://careers-chai.icims.com/jobs/2235/job
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to