Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Senior Accountant - Accounts Payable
Clinton Health Access Initiative
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Last Date: September 10, 2011
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to strengthening integrated health systems around the world and expanding access to care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, malaria and other illnesses. Founded by President William J. Clinton in 2002, CHAI has successfully assisted developing countries in implementing large-scale, integrated care, treatment and prevention programs since its inception. The organization has experienced tremendous growth during the past few years and, as a result, department responsibilities have increased. We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join this dynamic team as a Senior Accountant-Accounts Payable.
The Senior Accountant - Accounts Payable will work closely with the HQ Finance team as a whole and provide support to international field offices, global teams, as well as care partners and other vendors. S/He will play a key role in supporting CHAI to achieve financial goals and objectives.
* Provide a high level of customer service by performing a variety of customer facing tasks and through professional, written communication
* Assist in the completion of Accounts Payable process within established deadlines and in accordance with Initiative policies
* Manage corporate card program
* Assist CHAI in-country teams with their payables and cash requirements.
* Prepare and upload payments to General Ledger
* Prepare, process and record payments in multiple currencies
* Work with multiple financial institutions to ensure payments are properly accounted
* Maintain accurate detailed records of financial transactions within areas of responsibility
* Ensure data integrity by participating in monthly review of A/P financials
* Provide financial analysis and special project support as required
* Assist in the annual preparation of 1099 reporting
* Conduct thorough research and resolve payment problems as presented
* Provide constructive, creative, and cost effective ideas and recommendations for process improvement
* Assist in the development and implementation of new and improved policies, practices and procedures.
* Provide support in the documentation of standard operating practices.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships Provide leadership to Accounts Payable Team in absence of Manager
* Oversee volunteersí activities and work requirements
* Bachelorís degree
* 3-5 years professional work experience;
* 2 or more years of Accounts Payable experience preferred
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently and effectively in a high-pressured, fast-paced, less structured environment and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
* Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to create and maintain complex spreadsheet models
* Detail-oriented, highly organized and productivity driven
* Proficiency in Microsoft Software programs; especially Excel
* Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
* Knowledge of grants and contracts
* Prior experience working with an NGO or non-profit organization
* Familiarity with Accounts Payable software programs; preferably Blackbaudís Financial Edge
* Supervisory experience a plus
PLEASE APPLY HERE: https://careers-chai.icims.com/jobs/2240/job
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to