Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Water Resources and Infrastructure Associate
Tetra Tech ARD
Location: Burlington, Vermont, USA
Last Date: September 5, 2011
WATER RESOURCES AND INFRASTRUCTURE ASSOCIATE
Tetra Tech ARD (www.ardinc.com) has an immediate opening for an Associate in our Water Resources and Infrastructure (WRI) Sector at our corporate headquarters in Burlington, Vermont. The WRI Sector assists governments, civil society organizations and communities in developing countries to improve policies and practices essential to the provision of effective water resources management, municipal infrastructure services and water supply, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) programming. The successful candidate will work both on new business development and program implementation, primarily on USAID-funded projects. This is an ideal position for a motivated individual with seven to ten years of professional international experience interested in career development opportunities leading to overseas assignments and senior home office roles.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* New business development (marketing, reconnaissance, information collection, and proposal development)
* Contract implementation technical oversight and management, including financial management.
* Development of business/marketing strategies for advancing water resources management and infrastructure services that integrate economic growth, environment, property rights, and governance
* Technical assistance either for short-term international assignments or in a home office advisory capacity
* Coordination with other Tetra Tech units in new business development and marketing.
* Graduate degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., civil engineering, water resources, finance, economics).
* Seven to ten of relevant professional experience, including at least five years of overseas experience in developing countries. Experience should be in a technical area or areas directly relevant to the WRI sector, such as: integrated water resource management; WASH; infrastructure planning, design and construction; project finance; and utility operations.
* Strong knowledge of and direct experience with implementation of international donor projects, preferably USAID- and MCC-funded projects.
* Excellent writing skills and previous successful experience in proposal development.
* Energetic and enthusiastic collaborative team player.
* Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal guidance to achieve results.
* Must have strong cross-cultural relations and inter-personal communication skills.
* Position requires international travel (30-40%), including to conflict and post-conflict countries.
* Speaking and reading proficiency in at least one foreign language is essential (preferred languages include French, Arabic and Spanish).
* High level proficiency in MS Office applications.
* High level multi-tasking capabilities.
* Must be comfortable working in a fast paced and sometimes intense work environment.
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.
In addition to a collaborative and family-friendly work environment, Tetra Tech ARD values diverse, energetic, and enthusiastic team players who are committed to high levels of performance and who are dedicated to providing superior services at all levels of the firm.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line application process:
* Letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity.
*Current CV in reverse chronological format.
* List of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information and statement of relationship to the reference.
* A writing sample of a technical nature, in which the applicant is the solo author or highlighting sections the applicant wrote.
Apply on line at https://careers.ardinc.com/ARDCareers/App/USPostingDetail.aspx?PostingId=230
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations- in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech ARD is proud to be an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to