Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Demand Dignity Intern
Amnesty International USA
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Last Date: September 1, 2011
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
About Amnesty International:
Amnesty International is a Nobel Peace Prize-winning grassroots activist organization with more than 3 million supporters, activists and volunteers in more than 150 countries campaigning for human rights worldwide. The organization investigates and exposes abuses, educates and mobilizes the public, and works to protect people wherever justice, freedom, truth and dignity are denied.
Position description and duties:
Amnesty International USA’s Demand Dignity Campaign is currently seeking interns for the fall semester (August 30 – December 23) with a strong background and interest in a range of poverty and human rights issues. The Demand Dignity Campaign works to end the human rights violations that imprison people in poverty. The current priorities for the campaign include maternal health (both internationally and in the United States), corporate accountability (especially in the extractives sector), slums and the right to housing, and development (especially the Millennium Development Goals).
Interns will assist with substantive research on poverty and human rights topics, campaign strategy and tactics, workshops and events, digital communications, social-networking, public activism, and provide general administrative support.
In particular, applicants with strong backgrounds in issues of health, women’s rights, corporate accountability, and/or economic development are encouraged to apply.
- Enthusiasm about and knowledge of Amnesty International’s work and priority campaigns
- Knowledge of health, women’s rights, corporate accountability, and/or economic development issues, including policy and campaigning on any or all of these areas
- Sound research and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze information from a wide range of sources
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on a range of projects under tight deadlines and to plan according
- Demonstrated ability and appreciation for the need for high standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- Previous office experience and/or practical experience preferred
How to apply:
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. To apply, submit a cover letter and resume that details your track record of performance; experience with activism, human rights or social justice; and the reasons you are interested in this position. Please indicate the number of hours and days per week that you will be available for an internship, including start and end dates. All application materials should be submitted at one time, as an incomplete application will not be considered. Please e-mail your materials and direct any questions to Jason Disterhoft at email@example.com
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to