Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Planning & Verification Staff
Management Systems International (MSI)
Last Date: September 3, 2011
Planning & Verification Staff, Pakistan
Company Profile: Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. In 2008, MSI joined Coffey International, Ltd., becoming part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm. Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide. It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia. Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management.
For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In June 2011, MSI was awarded the Independent Monitoring and Evaluation Contract (IMEC). On IMEC, MSI will provide verification, monitoring and evaluation, reporting throughout Pakistan, and across all projects that USAID is supporting. The goal is to assess whether USAID resources are well-spent and achieving desired results and to prevent waste, fraud, and abuse in the administration of programs, regardless of the implementation mechanism.
Planning & Verification (P&V) staff will work under the direction of the Assistant Director of P&V to identify verification site visit needs by sector, oversee sub-contracting, training and tasking of local verification staff/contractors, and ensure that site visits are completed on schedule and with high quality. Each Planning & Verification staff will be assigned to one or more USAID sectors/provincial offices to facilitate planning, travel to Independent Verification and Validation contractor offices as needed, and perform random spot-checks. Planning & Verification staff will be based in Islamabad, Peshawar, Lahore, and Karachi.
** Please note that this is a local position. Only local citizens are eligible to apply.**
• Report to Assistant Director of Planning & Verification;
• Oversee Independent Verification and Validation (IVV) contractors’ procurement, contract management, and training and assignment of site visits;
• Perform random spot-checks to ensure quality and accuracy of verification work done by both contractors and direct-hire staff;
• Conduct spot-check visits in various provinces and/or FATA, as necessary, to validate IVV data;
• Other responsibilities as assigned by Chief of Party and Assistant Director.
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation (work on USAID projects a plus);
• Must have fluency in English and Urdu; fluency in other regional languages desired;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a good working relationship with Implementing Partners;
• Ability to work well in teams and to manage interactions with contractors responsibly.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website:
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to