Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Assistant Director of Compliance
Management Systems International (MSI)
Last Date: September 3, 2011
Assistant Director of Compliance, Pakistan
Company Profile: Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. In 2008, MSI joined Coffey International, Ltd., becoming part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm. Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide. It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia. Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management.
For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In June 2011, MSI was awarded the Independent Monitoring and Evaluation Contract (IMEC). On IMEC, MSI will provide verification, monitoring and evaluation, reporting throughout Pakistan, and across all projects that USAID is supporting. The goal is to assess whether USAID resources are well-spent and achieving desired results and to prevent waste, fraud, and abuse in the administration of programs, regardless of the implementation mechanism.
The Assistant Director of Compliance will lead a team of two staff within the Independent Monitoring Unit devoted to monitoring the compliance of Implementing Partners (including the Government of Pakistan) with the administrative requirements of their agreements and contracts grounded on a solid understanding of relevant sections of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), ADS and any additional relevant USAID/Pakistan guidelines. In order to ensure that all Implementing Partners are adhering to contractual acquisition procedures, this person will develop standard checklists for each key compliance monitoring area designated by USAID and work with USAID to prioritize contracts and agreements and compliance topic areas for review. The Assistant Director will develop each monitoring approach to suit different areas of compliance, such as branding and marking, participant training, and environmental compliance.
** Please note that this is a local position. Only local citizens are eligible to apply.**
• Report to Senior Program Advisor for Monitoring;
• Manage a staff of two to three local mid-level professionals;
• Prepare concise written reports to inform USAID of findings;
• Verify IP compliance with agreement/contract terms;
• Assist in the development of all the checklists and systems for monitoring compliance;
• Assess branding and security plans against the required ADS and USAID/Pakistan criteria;
• Lead periodic reviews on compiled findings from all monitoring assignments in each topic area to identify common issues that are arising; and
• Other responsibilities as assigned by Chief of Party and Senior Program Advisor
• Significant experience regarding contractual compliance issues;
• Must have solid understanding of FAR and ADS as they pertain to USAID contracts;
• Exhibit the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, and impartiality;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage a team, as well as maintain good working relationship with clients;
• Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking) and fluency in English;
• Must have fluency in Urdu; fluency in other regional languages desired;
• Highly organized work habits, attention to detail, and an ability to produce work products to tight deadlines;
• Advanced degree in international development, statistics, law or related field preferred; and
• Experience working with the US Agency for International Development and other international donors desired.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website:
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to