Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Assistant Director of Analysis
Management Systems International (MSI)
Last Date: September 3, 2011
Assistant Director of Analysis, Pakistan
Company Profile: Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. In 2008, MSI joined Coffey International, Ltd., becoming part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm. Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide. It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia. Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management.
For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In June 2011, MSI was awarded the Independent Monitoring and Evaluation Contract (IMEC). On IMEC, MSI will provide verification, monitoring and evaluation, reporting throughout Pakistan, and across all projects that USAID is supporting. The goal is to assess whether USAID resources are well-spent and achieving desired results and to prevent waste, fraud, and abuse in the administration of programs, regardless of the implementation mechanism.
The Assistant Director of Analysis will manage a staff of five local mid-level professionals who will each be assigned to one or more USAID sectors and the Implementing Partners working within that sector. This Analysis team will be focused on tracking and analyzing Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) data from USAID and Implementing Partners, analyzing Independent Verification and Validation (IVV) data collected by IMEC, and collaborating with Evaluation team members to develop periodic and annual assessments of the effectiveness of USAID’s projects. The Assistant Director and one of the more experienced of the mid-level professionals will specialize in projects implemented by the Government of Pakistan. The Director of the Analysis team will have special responsibility for focusing on the USAID Mission’s PMP and will communicate regularly with the Program Office and USAID sector teams to discuss measurement issues, data quality and ways that the quality of information can be improved.
** Please note that this is a local position. Only local citizens are eligible to apply.**
• Report to Senior Program Advisor for Monitoring;
• Manage a staff of 5 local mid-level professionals who will each be assigned to one or more USAID sectors and the IPs working within that sector;
• Develop a standard set of monthly analyses, such as planned vs. actual values, time series for individual indicators, comparisons between indicator values for different project sites, and overall performance at the project, sector and regional level;
• Design analyses that develop useful management reports for USAID and IPs and search for anomalies and outliers that might signal data quality problems or the need for a verification visit;
• Review the work of the Analysts on an on-going basis and give close attention to performance of the mission’s PMP indicators in each sector with a special view to identifying ways to enhance the Mission’s indicators and results;
• Communicate regularly with the Program Office and USAID sector teams to discuss measurement issues, data quality and ways that the quality of information can be improved;
• Work with the GIS team as necessary to integrate map-based geographic analyses; and
• Other responsibilities as assigned by Chief of Party and Senior Program Advisor
• Significant experience in the field of survey and evaluation analysis
• Exhibit the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, and impartiality;
• Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking) and fluency in English;
• Fluency in Urdu required; fluency in other native languages desired;
• Highly organized work habits, attention to detail, and an ability to produce work products to tight deadlines;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage a team, as well as maintain good working relationship with clients;
• Degree in international development, statistics, or related field preferred.
• Familiarity with USAID monitoring procedures strongly desired.
• Experience working with the US Agency for International Development and other international donors desired.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website:
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to