Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Advisor, Development of Inception Report for a Resource Mobilization Strategy for SLM in the Countries of the Indian Ocean
Global Mechanism/Indian Ocean Commission
Location: Countries of Indian Ocean
Last Date: August 26, 2011
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
The Global Mechanism (GM), together with the Indian Ocean Commission (IOC) and in the framework of the scope|acp programme, financed by the European Commission, is in the process of developing a Resource Mobilization Strategy for Sustainable Land Management (SLM) for the island of the Indian Ocean. In the subregion, the GM has already assisted Mauritius and Seychelles in the development of their UNCCD National Action Programmes and Integrated Financing Strategies for SLM.
The Resource Mobilization Strategy for SLM is expected to strengthen existing country processes and help the Indian Ocean Countries develop an enabling environment for increased investments for SLM in the subregion. It will also support the IOC in improving the financing conditions for SLM.
The Global Mechanism is seeking a consultant / contractor to undertake the following assignment:
DEVELOPMENT OF AN INCEPTION REPORT FOR A SUBREGIONAL RESOURCE MOBILIZATION STRATEGY FOR SUSTAINABLE LAND MANAGEMENT IN THE COUNTRIES OF THE INDIAN OCEAN
The Inception phase will analyze existing financing options available in the subregion and assess potential financing instruments (coming from traditional as well as innovative sources) that need to be explored to increase financing for SLM; the second phase, Strategy development will, based on the findings of the inception phase, suggest a fully-fledged subregional resource mobilization strategy, to increase finance for programmes and projects in the subregion and for those implemented by the IOC with its partners.
The scope of this consultancy will be limited to Phase 1, i.e. to finalize the inception phase leading to the formulation of the subregional resource mobilization strategy. The strategy development phase will be addressed by a second consultancy contract, following the finalization of the inception phase.
The consultant, who will work under the supervision of the GM and the IOC, will be required to carry out:
1. in-depth assessment of existing sources of finance for SLM in the subregion;
2. assessment of national policy and investment priorities on SLM in the Indian Ocean subregion;
3. analysis of potential financing sources that need to be leveraged in the subregion;
4. Propose the overall scope of a sub-regional resource mobilization strategy (RMS) for the sub- region.
The contract should cover 50 working days over a period of 3 months (10 September – 30 December 2011).
• Excellent knowledge of public finance and of government planning and budgeting processes in the Indian Ocean subregion; with at least 5 years of experience
• Thorough understanding of macro-economic, fiscal, financial and monetary policies in the subregion;
• Good knowledge of policy processes in the Indian Ocean sub-region, including the IOC;
• Excellent communication skills, fluency in French and excellent knowledge of English.
Please note that the working language required for this consultancy is French.
Detailed Terms of Reference for the consultancy are available in electronic form on the Global
Mechanism website, at the following URL:
Applications, including cover letter and full CV, should be sent by email to the Global Mechanism of the UNCCD at the following address: email@example.com
Deadline for application: 26 august 2011
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to