Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Associate Administrative Officer
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
Location: Washington, DC
Last Date: September 1, 2011
"Sometimes in life there is that moment when it's possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments."
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 17 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of nearly 1,200—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
We seek a motivated professional to provide management and project support to the Vice President of Administration and Human Resources as well as general support to both the HR and Administration departments. The Associate Administrative Officer will play a key role in determining priorities, resolutions and process enhancements in order to bring together the various administrative functions in a cohesive manner. The successful candidate will have superior administrative skills and supervisory experience, a pro-active work approach as well as exceptional relationship building skills. In addition, this position will work on Foundation-wide Human Resources projects in collaboration with various staff and departments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Administrative and Projects
• Responsible for heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with internal and external executives and assistants
• Arrange domestic and complex international travel which can often include multi-leg trip planning to include processing visa applications and other logistics
• Compile and process expense reports and reimbursements, accurately and timely
• Prepare VP for all internal/external meetings, preparing and disseminating materials, conducting research and other related activities
• Act as liaison between staff and VP when assisting direct reports on projects while keeping track of deadlines and other priorities
• Prepare meeting agendas in advance and play an active role in taking and distributing meeting minutes to enhance overall communication
• Create and update materials including PowerPoint presentations for internal and external meetings
• Assist with light administrative support, coordination and logistics for remote senior HR staff located in different time zones
• Review and improve office procedures to improve operational efficiency
• Lead in preparing, writing, editing HR summaries for board report (3x a year)
• Gather materials needed for monthly Foundation (Djamo Djamo) newsletter and coordinate bi-monthly Global HR calls, working closely with HR department and field staff
• Act as administrator for e-learning system (ARIEL Academy), provide guidance, support and training to staff across the Foundation
• Provide facilities support including working closely with vendors and coordinating with administration team to effectively resolve staff requests
• Oversee Washington, DC office space management
• Work closely with VP on special projects to include insurance renewals; etc.
• Direct supervision of the Receptionist and Facilities Coordinator including conducting weekly meetings and performance evaluations
• Coordinate office staff activities to ensure maximum efficiency
• Oversee receptionist’s schedule and work to ensure proper coverage at the front desk at all times, potentially filling in as necessary
• Develop contingency plans to meet internal needs and expectations for special projects and/or when support staff is out of the office
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 4 years relevant experience and strong project management skills
• Previous supervisory experience
• Strong knowledge of MS Office
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
• The ability to prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• High level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial
• Excellent follow-up, organizational skills, and attention to detail
• Ability to communicate effectively with senior executives as well as external members
• Ability to influence and accomplish complex assignments requiring cross-organization cooperation
• Impeccable tact, discretion and sensitivity to confidential information
• Flexibility and willingness to work in situations of flux; ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Excellent computer and basic research skills; good knowledge of Microsoft Office Platform, especially PowerPoint
• Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for a wide-range of responsibilities
• Ability to work well within a culturally diverse environment
• Fluency in French and/or Portuguese is a plus
Apply online at: http://www.pedaids.org
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to