Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Operations Manager, Latin America &Caribbean Program
International Crisis Group
Location: Bogota, Colombia
Last Date: September 1, 2011
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
POSITION TITLE: Operations Manager
JOB FAMILY: Programs
REPORTS TO: Program Director, Latin America & Caribbean
Based in Crisis Group’s field office in Bogota, the Operations Manager will provide general management support to Crisis Group’s Latin America & Caribbean Program, including guidance for the administration of regional offices.
• Supports the Latin America & Caribbean Program in monitoring expenditures and budget control, reviews allocation of resources to support evolving needs, drafts work plans;
• Supervises the monthly accounting returns; Takes the lead on expense reporting, credit card reporting and all the functions of an office manager in both the Bogota and Guatemala City offices.
• Provides operational support for Program’s regional offices, specifically in Bogota, Port au Prince and Guatemala City.
• Approves payments and reviews of the monthly accounts with Project Directors within a Program;
• Liaises with Brussels accounting staff for the reconciliation of staff personal accounts;
• Assists in setting up of regional offices, specifically in Guatemala; handles rental, lease agreements and insurance issues;
• Reviews operations of internal controls at regional offices;
• Responsible for the required residence and work permits for expatriate staff in all regional offices in coordination with HQ, local staff or lawyers;
• Assists in taxation issues and taxation reporting requirements in the regional offices and assists expatriate staff members with specific taxation issues in coordination with Crisis Group’s HQ;
• Handles the payroll for Program field staff including all statutory contributions;
• Coordinates conferences, meetings and special events; in particular the logistical aspects of a Program Retreat and other specific Program related events as directed by the Program Director;
• Co-ordinates the translation and editing process of all reports and briefings within the Program;
• Supports the Program and various projects in media coverage;
• Manages the internships within the Program;
• Provides assistance to Crisis Group personnel and board members visiting a field office; organises public and private meetings, including roundtables and seminars.
• A degree in administration or accounting;
• Minimum five to seven years experience as an office manager or other related administrative function;
• Fluency in spoken and written English and Spanish; French, Portuguese and other local languages an advantage.
• Experience maintaining financial records;
• Computer literacy, including good working knowledge of Word and Excel; and,
• Attention to detail and organizational skills
Applications should be submitted in English and include a CV, cover letter and contact details of at least 3 referees. The cover letter should appear in the body of the email and describe relevant experience and motivation for the position. Further information on this and other vacancies can be found at: www.crisisgroup.org.
Please send applications by email to email@example.com including "Operations Manager, Latin America & Caribbean Program" in the subject line. There is no closing date for applications. However, Crisis Group will review applications as they are received to identify suitable candidates. Please note that after that, only candidates selected for further consideration or interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to