Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Public Health Medical Doctor
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Last Date: August 31, 2011
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
Public Health Medical Doctor
April 21, 2011
August 31, 2011
For its newly-established office in Hanoi, AMP is hiring a Public Health Medical Doctor.
* Develop and implement AMP projects in vaccinology and other health-related fields (applied research, training, organization of scientific and technical meetings, etc.), primarily in Vietnam and possibly in other Asian countries
* Following the agreement between the Vietnamese Ministry of Health and the SIVAC Initiative to collaborate on the development of a National Immunization Technical Advisory Group (NITAG), in charge of developing recommendations on immunization for national authorities), he/she will provide support for the following:
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring work plans in collaboration with the NITAG executive secretariat
- Organizing the NITAG
- Preparing scientific and technical background documents
1. Education & Experience
* PhD and MSc in public health, epidemiology, or health policy
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of public health in an international environment and significant experience in Vietnam. Experience in the area of vaccine-preventable diseases would be an asset.
* Good understanding / knowledge of the organization of health systems (primarily in Vietnam and also in Asia) and of the global immunization community (WHO, UNICEF, GAVI)
* Ability to synthesize information and to conduct literature reviews; experience in writing scientific articles
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and epidemiological / statistical tools (SAS, Stata, etc.)
* Good organizational and interpersonal skills with ability to interact professionally and effectively with various actors, including senior-level positions at the ministry of health and public health organizations
* Capacity to both easily integrate into a team and to work autonomously
* Agility, flexibility, logical thinking
* Motivation, discipline, results-oriented approach, and good time management skills
* Tact, discretion and sensitivity to cultural differences
* Complete fluency in both English and Vietnamese
Conditions of Employment
* Monthly gross salary range: US$1,100 – 1,400 (to be negotiated based on experience)
* Short-term full-time contract – 12 months (possibility to extend the contract based on evaluation)
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and a curriculum vitae to Ms. Sue Dowling at email@example.com before May 16, 2011 with the reference: AMPVNPUBLICHEALTH.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to