Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Performance Monitoring Unit Manager
Management Systems International (MSI)
Last Date: August 30, 2011
Performance Monitoring Unit Manager, Pakistan
Company Profile: Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. In 2008, MSI joined Coffey International, Ltd., becoming part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm. Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide. It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia. Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management.
For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In June 2011, MSI was awarded the Independent Monitoring and Evaluation Contract (IMEC). On IMEC, MSI will provide verification, monitoring and evaluation, reporting throughout Pakistan, and across all projects that USAID is supporting. The goal is to assess whether USAID resources are well-spent and achieving desired results and to prevent waste, fraud, and abuse in the administration of programs, regardless of the implementation mechanism.
The Performance Monitoring Unit Manager is responsible for monitoring the performance of the IMEC project. He/she will maintain the IMEC Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP), collect the data necessary to determine values for the indicators included in the PMP, prepare reports on IMEC performance to inform project management and USAID, and work closely with project staff to improve IMEC performance. The Performance Monitoring Unit Manager will assume responsibility for designing, implementing, and analyzing periodic surveys of USAID, Government of Pakistan, and other Implementing Partner personnel to support monitoring of IMEC.
** Please note that this is a local position. Only local citizens are eligible to apply.**
• Report to and meet weekly with IMEC Chief of Party regarding performance of IMEC internal monitoring system;
• Develop and periodically review Performance Monitoring Plan, strategic results framework, indicators, and targets;
• Oversee periodic data quality assessments;
• Perform periodic review and mid-course corrections to the IMU’s Performance Monitoring Plan;
• Verifying IMEC project success against a clear set of delivery targets to ensure the project’s fulfillment of client’s needs;
• Perform periodic customer satisfaction surveys to gauge success of IMEC methods;
• Manage program elements with a high degree of flexibility to internal and external issues;
• Work closely with Chief of Party and technical team leaders to develop IMEC annual workplans as well as periodic performance reports;
• Liaise closely with Chief of Party and USAID to respond to client’s changing needs; and
• Other duties as assigned by Chief of Party
• Substantial experience involving monitoring and survey projects
• Exhibit the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, and impartiality;
• Experience working in politically sensitive environments
• Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking) and fluency in English;
• Must have fluency in Urdu; fluency in other regional languages desired;
• Highly organized work habits, attention to detail, and an ability to produce work products to tight deadlines;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage a good working relationship with team members and clients;
• Experience with performance monitoring for international development programs, including developing performance indicators, causal linkages, target settling, etc. required
• Degree in international development, statistics, or related field preferred.
• Experience working with the US Agency for International Development and other international donors desired.
• Familiarity with USAID monitoring procedures a plus
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website: http://www.msiworldwide.com
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to