Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Director of Communication
Management Systems International (MSI)
Last Date: August 30, 2011
Director of Communication, Pakistan
Company Profile: Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. In 2008, MSI joined Coffey International, Ltd., becoming part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm. Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide. It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia. Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management.
For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In June 2011, MSI was awarded the Independent Monitoring and Evaluation Contract (IMEC). On IMEC, MSI will provide verification, monitoring and evaluation, reporting throughout Pakistan, and across all projects that USAID is supporting. The goal is to assess whether USAID resources are well-spent and achieving desired results and to prevent waste, fraud, and abuse in the administration of programs, regardless of the implementation mechanism.
MSI is seeking a Director of Communications with experience in the design and implementation of public outreach and communication initiatives, as well public education mechanisms. The Director will report directly to the Chief of Party and will be responsible for documenting and reporting on IMEC project successes, developing and implementing a communications strategy and contributing to the production of project deliverables.
• Design and implement IMECs communication and outreach strategy to increase understanding of and support for project to external target audiences;
• Manage outreach and communications -related contracts for the implementation of the strategy;
• Responsible for designing and implementing a strategic communications plan for the project including (but not limited to) handling reports, press releases, newsletters, and other marketing materials;
• Design, develop, and disseminate all outreach materials and activities to promote project successes;
• Work with project team members to write and format program reports;
• Manage the report writing process in the field, including collecting and compiling information from other team members;
• Editing program documents;
• Design and implement outreach and communications strategies to reach diverse target audiences in Pakistan and the United States;
• Work closely with USAID and the project team to develop key messages and other communication tools for distribution and ensure products comply with USAID requirements; and
• Other tasks as assigned by the Chief of Party.
• Demonstrated expertise in strategic communications, including the design and implementation of public outreach, communication, and public education mechanisms;
• 5 years international experience, preferred;
• Prior experience developing communications strategies and tools for USAID and/or USAID funded projects;
• Ability to work in complex environments; experience in conflict environments is required, and Pakistan experience is strongly preferred;
• Ability to handle multi-tasking, and work in multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environments; and
• Knowledge in software packages required to deliver outreach tools is required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website: http://www.msiworldwide.com
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to