Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Management Systems International (MSI)
Last Date: August 28, 2011
Survey Associate, Pakistan
Company Profile: Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. In 2008, MSI joined Coffey International, Ltd., becoming part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm. Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide. It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia. Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management.
For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In June 2011, MSI was awarded the Independent Monitoring and Evaluation Contract (IMEC). On IMEC, MSI will provide verification, monitoring and evaluation, reporting throughout Pakistan, and across all projects that USAID is supporting. The goal is to assess whether USAID resources are well-spent and achieving desired results and to prevent waste, fraud, and abuse in the administration of programs, regardless of the implementation mechanism.
Survey Associate works in survey unit within IMEC that will monitor all USAID-supported projects in Pakistan.
. ** Please note that this is a local position. Only local citizens are eligible to apply.**
· Preparation of Scope of Work for survey sub-contractor (client unit will provide inputs for technical requirements and sub-contractor selection criteria);
· Selection of sub-contractor;
· Orientation of sub-contractor team;
· Design of questionnaire (client unit will provide inputs for the draft questionnaire);
· Pre-testing of questionnaire (sub-contractor);
· Training of enumerators (sub-contractor);
· Finalization of questionnaire (sub-contractor);
· Questions, hypotheses and tabulation plan (client unit will provide inputs for this);
· Data collection (sub-contractor);
· Data entry, cleaning/editing (sub-contractor);
· Tabulation and working draft of report (sub-contractor);
· Comments on working draft (client unit will participate);
· Revised tabulation and draft report (sub-contractor);
· Final report (Survey Unit with inputs from client unit); and
· Performs other duties as assigned by the management.
· Masters degree in statistics, economics, social sciences, business or public administration, or public policy;
· Superior academic record in Pakistan and abroad;
· 2 years experience emphasizing research or survey work;
· Superior analytical and writing skills, as evidenced by at least one report or note;
· Working knowledge of quantitative methods, as evidenced by academic training or professional reports; and
· Should be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and statistical packages.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website: www.msiworldwide.com
To apply, please visit our website: http://www.msiworldwide.com
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to