Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
IT Help Desk
Management Systems International (MSI)
Last Date: August 28, 2011
IT Help Desk, Pakistan
Company Profile: Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. In 2008, MSI joined Coffey International, Ltd., becoming part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm. Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide. It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia. Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management.
For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In June 2011, MSI was awarded the Independent Monitoring and Evaluation Contract (IMEC). On IMEC, MSI will provide verification, monitoring and evaluation, reporting throughout Pakistan, and across all projects that USAID is supporting. The goal is to assess whether USAID resources are well-spent and achieving desired results and to prevent waste, fraud, and abuse in the administration of programs, regardless of the implementation mechanism.
IT helpdesk/officer works in IT unit within IMEC that will monitor all USAID-supported projects in Pakistan.
** Please note that this is a local position. Only local citizens are eligible to apply.**
· Provide the users a single point of contact, to receive help on various computer issues;
· Responsible for the troubleshooting of desktops, laptops, and peripherals;
· Responsible for the setup and configuration of computers for new users;
· Responsible for any physical work relating to the computers hardware issues and moving workstations to another location;
· Works closely with System/Network Administrator in the Implementation of Systems and Information Technology Policies;
· Identify and correct or advise, on operational issues in client computer system;
· Responsible of log support calls and document their outcome to facilitate the resolution of common queries;
· To contribute to ensuring that the Help Desk systems and software are kept up to date and messages are passed on and feedback received promptly;
· Redirect or escalate support requests to the appropriate member of the IT Team;
· Assists in the preparation of technical documentation;
· Participates in training/workshops and in compiling training data;
· Responsible in the compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of hardware and software;
· Provide training to clients in the use of system and applications;
· To maintain professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support staff in their development and training; and
· Performs other duties as assigned by the management.
· BS IT/CS (4 Years preferable);
· 1-2 years’ experience in relevant area;
· Required skills with MS Office 2007, preferably 2010;
· Should be extremely good in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
· Strong communication and organization skills;
· Able to produce high quality work under deadlines;
· Ability to manage multiple assignments; and
· Good internal and external customer and vendor relations skills while ensuring procedure compliance.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website: http://www.msiworldwide.com
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to