Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Systems and Network Administrator
Management Systems International (MSI)
Last Date: August 28, 2011
Systems and Network Administrator, Pakistan
Company Profile: Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. In 2008, MSI joined Coffey International, Ltd., becoming part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm. Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide. It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia. Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management.
For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In June 2011, MSI was awarded the Independent Monitoring and Evaluation Contract (IMEC). On IMEC, MSI will provide verification, monitoring and evaluation, reporting throughout Pakistan, and across all projects that USAID is supporting. The goal is to assess whether USAID resources are well-spent and achieving desired results and to prevent waste, fraud, and abuse in the administration of programs, regardless of the implementation mechanism.
System and network administrator is responsible for Administration of Systems, Network and Databases. Server management is a primary responsibility. S/he works in IT unit within IMEC that will monitor all USAID-supported projects in Pakistan.
** Please note that this is a local position. Only local citizens are eligible to apply.**
· Server management is her/his primary responsibility: installing, maintaining and upgrading servers and related equipment;
· Responsible for plan, coordinate, and implement measures to ensure that servers are backed up, and that the server data, software and hardware are secure from unauthorized access;
· Perform light programming (usually scripting, which involves writing programs to automate tasks);
· Responsible for the network hardware: installing, maintaining and upgrading of Routers, Switches, Hubs, Access Points, Firewalls, VPN Concentrators, Modems, etc.;
· Responsible of Network Services such as DNS, Active Directory, Email, File Sharing, and security;
· Responsible of advanced services such as Databases, Storage or Content Management Systems, Specialized proprietary services;
· Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations;
· Maintain an inventory of Server Equipment (including parts for emergency repairs); and
· Performs other duties as assigned by the management.
· BS IT/CS (4 Years preferable);
· 5 years’ experience in relevant area;
· Strong Knowledge in Microsoft Windows Server and Services, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SharePoint Server, Microsoft Exchange Server;
· Strong communication and organization skills;
· Able to produce high quality work under deadlines;
· Ability to manage multiple assignments; and
· Good internal and external customer and vendor relations skills while ensuring procedure compliance.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website: http://www.msiworldwide.com
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to