Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Senior Office Manager
Management Systems International (MSI)
Last Date: August 28, 2011
Senior Office Manager, Pakistan
Company Profile: Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. In 2008, MSI joined Coffey International, Ltd., becoming part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm. Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide. It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia. Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In June 2011, MSI was awarded the Independent Monitoring and Evaluation Contract (IMEC). On IMEC, MSI will provide verification, monitoring and evaluation, reporting throughout Pakistan, and across all projects that USAID is supporting. The goal is to assess whether USAID resources are well-spent and achieving desired results and to prevent waste, fraud, and abuse in the administration of programs, regardless of the implementation mechanism.
The Senior Office Manager will be responsible for all facilities management of the IMEC Office in Islamabad, oversight of local procurement systems and procedures, and ensuring smooth systems and operations throughout all MSI field offices. She/he will report directly to the Director of Administration & Financial Management or designated supervisor.
** Please note that this is a local position. Only local citizens are eligible to apply.**
· Facilities management of MSI Islamabad Office, including relating to the landlord as per the rental agreement and dealing with local vendors and subcontractors for internet, vehicle rental, security, legal assistance and other needs;
· Manage all non-technical staff, including receptionists, cleaners, drivers and other support staff, and provide supervisory assistance to others as needed;
· Ensure smooth vehicle management, including fuel management, vehicle maintenance, and logbook maintenance. Ensure all vehicles are fully equipped with took kits, First Aid kits and other relevant equipment;
· Ensure smooth systems and operations throughout all MSI offices, including maintaining weekly contact and inventory lists;
· Ensure proper security procedures; work with the Director of Security to identify best practices and gaps in security on MSI compounds;
· Assist in the local procurement systems and procedures at the head office, including creation of purchase requisitions and orders and ensuring that all local procurement rules are followed and updated;
· Provide feedback and assistance on large procurements, including reviewing RFPs, identifying vendors and providing estimates, research and analysis for effective RFPs;
· Assist with the procurement systems throughout all MSI Offices, including monitoring all contracts with local subcontractors, travel to regional MSI offices, and maintenance of the MSI inventory list;
· Suggest policies on phone usage, procurement, assets distribution and other tracking mechanisms;
· Represent MSI to other international and national entities, as appropriate, including liaising with other NGOs, companies and vendors, as appropriate; and
· Be based in Islamabad, with required travel to field offices in Peshawar, Lahore, and Karachi.
· Significant experience in overseeing staff and managing facilities
· Experience dealing with local vendors
· Excellent interpersonal skills;
· Experience with the procurement of items for USAID contracts;
· Proven record of meeting deliverable schedules;
· Experience working in a fast-paced environment;
· Ability to work and collaborate effectively in a team;
· Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment and solve problems creatively.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website: http://www.msiworldwide.com
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to