Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Management Systems International (MSI)
Last Date: August 28, 2011
Financial Manager, Pakistan
Company Profile: Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. In 2008, MSI joined Coffey International, Ltd., becoming part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm. Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide. It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia. Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management.
For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In June 2011, MSI was awarded the Independent Monitoring and Evaluation Contract (IMEC). On IMEC, MSI will provide verification, monitoring and evaluation, reporting throughout Pakistan, and across all projects that USAID is supporting. The goal is to assess whether USAID resources are well-spent and achieving desired results and to prevent waste, fraud, and abuse in the administration of programs, regardless of the implementation mechanism.
The Financial Manager will facilitate the efficient and effective financial/administrative operation of the IMEC Islamabad office. He/She will ensure compliance with all MSI and USAID policies and procedures. He/She will be responsible for the management of all financial transactions and assist in monitoring the program field budget.
** Please note that this is a local position. Only local citizens are eligible to apply.**
· Report directly to the Director of Administration & Financial Management;
· Maintain contractual, financial, procurement, and human resources/benefits backup files for MSI;
· Process all project financial transactions, including deposits, receipts and vouchers for cash disbursements, reviewing receipts and documentation according to MSI policies;
· Responsible for the recording, documenting, and reporting of all financial transactions, including preparation of monthly financial expense reports and cash and bank reconciliation statements;
· Assist with cash projections for the Project's financial needs for procurement, project activities, payroll, subcontracts, maintenance and repair services, staff travel, and projecting costs, and cash needs on a monthly basis;
· Act as focal point for daily banking matters;
· Coordinate any local procurement required for MSI activities;
· Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries;
· Maintain vendor records;
· Handle petty cash and make payments upon proper authorization;
· Maintain inventory of non-expendable equipment and submit yearly non-expendable equipment report;
· Handle all managerial and financial accounting for MSI;
· Support cost-benefit analyses for some administrative/finance decisions;
· Perform other finance/administrative duties as prescribed;
· Be based in Islamabad, with travel to field offices in Peshawar, Lahore, and Karachi as necessary; and
· Perform additional tasks as assigned by the Director of Administration & Financial Management and/or Chief of Party.
University degree in Accounting, Financial Management, or a related field;
Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in accounting and bookkeeping with an international organization;
Proven ability with MS Word and Excel;
Attention to detail; confidentiality and a strong sense of judgment; problem-solving skills;
Meticulous in expense descriptions and assigning the correct accounting codes as well as maintaining financial integrity and reporting accountability;
Fluency in English;
Previous experience working on USAID-funded projects required and
Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website: http://www.msiworldwide.com
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to