Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Management Systems International (MSI)
Last Date: August 28, 2011
Administrative Assistant, Pakistan
Company Profile: Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. In 2008, MSI joined Coffey International, Ltd., becoming part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm. Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide. It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia. Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management.
For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In June 2011, MSI was awarded the Independent Monitoring and Evaluation Contract (IMEC). On IMEC, MSI will provide verification, monitoring and evaluation, reporting throughout Pakistan, and across all projects that USAID is supporting. The goal is to assess whether USAID resources are well-spent and achieving desired results and to prevent waste, fraud, and abuse in the administration of programs, regardless of the implementation mechanism.
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to Office Manager in Islamabad. He or she works cooperatively with the other Project employees and partner organizations to contribute to the success of the IMEC Project.
** Please note that this is a local position. Only local citizens are eligible to apply.**
· Report directly to the Director of Administration & Financial Management;
· Provide logistical support to office activities and ensure that such activities run smoothly and that participants are well served;
· Follow up on schedules and appointments of the office staff;
· Log and follow up on communications of the office staff;
· Arrange venues for meetings, and other events;
· Maintain the central file system;
· Manage ticketing, travel arrangements and accommodations for office staff and partners;
· Ensure effective communications among the office staff and between the Project team and partners;
· Prepare information packets as required (for consultants, visitors, conferences, etc);
· Format documents and files;
· Backstop for the Office Manager or Receptionist as needed;
· Ensure that deadlines are kept by continuously updating calendars and keeping staff informed;
· Be based in Islamabad, with travel to field offices in Peshawar, Lahore, and Karachi as necessary; and
· Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Administration & Financial Management or the Chief of Party.
· University degree, with a minimum of 2 years of professional experience, preferably in an administrative role, required;
· Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking) and fluency in English;
· Ability to work well in teams and to manage interactions with staff professionally and responsibly;
· Proven ability with MS Word;
· Attention to detail; confidentiality and a strong sense of judgment; problem-solving skills; and
· Previous experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website: http://www.msiworldwide.com
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to