Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
SHTP II Lead Consultant
Management Systems International (MSI)
Location: Juba, South Sudan
Last Date: August 26, 2011
SHTP II Lead Consultant, Juba, South Sudan
Company Profile: Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. MSI is part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm. Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide. It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries, including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia. Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI was awarded a three-year contract with USAID/Sudan on a project named SUPPORT (Services Under Program and Project Offices for Results Tracking), and tasked with the responsibility of executing functions normally associated with USAID’s Program and Communications offices. As a part of the SUPPORT project, MSI hiring technical and support staff, assisting USAID with logistics, and facilitating VIP visits. For more information on our Sudan project
(Services Under Program and Project Offices for Results Tracking – SUPPORT) please follow this link: http://www.msiworldwide.com/index.cfm?msiweb=project&p_id=150
USAID/Sudan is seeking to support the Government of South Sudan (GoSS) Ministry of Health (MOH) to provide comprehensive primary health care services to southern Sudan in two states, Western Equatoria and the second to still be determined. Currently, USAID supports the bilateral activity, Sudan Health Transformation Project II (SHTP II), in 14 counties across all 10 states of South Sudan. SHTP II is USAID’s flagship bilateral program and a close partner to the GOSS in the provision of essential primary health services at the local and county level and in provision of system strengthening at the central, county and community levels. The consultant will build upon current data and analyses by USAID and the donor community, including a comprehensive SHTP II Mid-term Evaluation and the 2010 South Sudan Household Health Survey to design a new five-year primary health care service delivery and health systems strengthening activity. This short-term assignment is for approximately 34 LOE days from August 29, 2011 until October 5, 2011.
The Lead Consultant will be responsible for overseeing the team and ultimately responsible for the submission of the final deliverables to the Mission. S/he will provide team leadership and plan and coordinate meetings. S/he will lead the preparation and presentation of the deliverables to USAID/Sudan and other major partners. Ideally, the Lead Consultant will have a broad public health technical background including substantial experience in designing integrated service delivery programs and some professional background in implementing and evaluating integrated primary health care (including community-based) programs and health governance.
• Bachelors Degree and minimum of fifteen (15) years of progressively responsible work experience OR Masters Degree and a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience with a USG foreign affairs agency, large international assistance organization, or non-governmental organization in at least one area of following (child health, nutrition, malaria, maternal health, family planning, water hygiene and sanitation, and HIV/AIDS).
• Demonstrated knowledge of project design in health systems with a minimum of 15 years of senior-level experience. Extensive experience and knowledge in project design for integrated service delivery.
• Experience designing USAID health programs, policies, and procurement mechanisms.
• Familiar with USAID’s Global Health Initiative, BEST Action Planning, and the USAID Forward Initiative Agenda
• Demonstrated experience working with host-country led initiatives with multiple stakeholders and a variety of financing arrangements.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively cooperate with national governmental, donors and non-governmental agencies in the design, and dissemination of required tasks.
• Demonstrated technical competence to design practicable and feasible integrated health programs.
• Knowledge of Southern Sudan, or familiarity of working in similar low-resource countries and in East/North Africa.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website: http://www.msiworldwide.com
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to