Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Human Capital Plan Advisor
Management Systems International (MSI)
Location: Juba, South Sudan
Last Date: August 26, 2011
Human Capital Plan Advisor, Juba, South Sudan
Company Profile: Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. MSI is part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm. Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide. It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries, including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia. Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI was awarded a three-year contract with USAID/Sudan on a project named SUPPORT (Services Under Program and Project Offices for Results Tracking), and tasked with the responsibility of executing functions normally associated with USAID’s Program and Communications offices. As a part of the SUPPORT project, MSI hiring technical and support staff, assisting USAID with logistics, and facilitating VIP visits. For more information on our Sudan project
(Services Under Program and Project Offices for Results Tracking – SUPPORT) please follow this link: http://www.msiworldwide.com/index.cfm?msiweb=project&p_id=150
The Consultant will represent USAID in collaborating with the Republic of South Sudan (ROSS) and other interested parties, particularly the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and the African Union, in developing a human capital development plan to be presented by the ROSS at the South Sudan International Engagement Conference in late September 2011. This short-term assignment is for approximately 27 LOE days from late July 2011 until mid September 2011.
• Estimate requirement for external expertise, by major categories (e.g., medical, engineering, economist, etc.) in the next three years using information from existing studies, plans and assessments.
• In collaboration with ROSS and other stakeholders, identify 2-3 skill areas that should be the focus for training institution development as well as the modalities for establishing or strengthening such training institutions.
• Assess the desirability and potential scope of a participant training program to send South Sudanese to African and other institutions of higher learning at either Bachelor’s or Master’s degree level.
• Develop a budget associated with the elements of the human capital plan and describe, to the extent possible, the interest of various development partners in contributing to the plan.
• Together with key ROSS officials, the UN and the AU, and based on work under 1) to 4) above, jointly develop a human capital development plan detailed enough for presentation to the South Sudan Engagement Conference in late September 2011.
• Master’s Degree with at least 10 years of experience;
• Prior experience in capacity building, results reporting, plan design, development, and analysis for USAID programs.
• Strong background in development partners, participant training, capacity building at the State level, and existing South Sudanese training institutions.
• Familiar with USAID, UNDP and AU reports.
• Knowledge of Southern Sudan, or experience in other African countries emerging from conflict.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website: http://www.msiworldwide.com
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to