Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Manager Operations and Finance
Conservation International Europe
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Last Date: August 31, 2011
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
MANAGER, OPERATIONS AND FINANCE
Conservation International Europe a.s.b.l.
Start date: November 2011
Duty station: Conservation International Europe, Brussels
Conservation International (CI) is an organisation with global reach and impact. Building upon a strong foundation of science, partnership and field demonstration, CI empowers societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature for the well-being of humanity. CI works in more than 40 countries on four continents.
CI Europe is the organisation’s office in charge of policy work at EU level, and has the status of Belgian a.s.b.l. The recent creation, in 2010, of this office reflects CI’s recognition that the European Union (EU) and its member states have a growing influence in the international environmental policy arena, and that influencing the EU institutions is a critical component of efforts to achieve CI’s mission.
The Operations and Finance Manager has responsibility for the financial, human resources and administrative functioning of CI Europe. He/she will also provide logistic and communication support. The position reports directly to the Director of EU policy of CI Europe and works closely with CI staff in CI global Headquarters, Arlington, Virginia, US.
• Financial Management: Act as the financial manager and accountant for the office. Manage day-to-day financial transactions and reporting to the CI global office. Monitor and maintain budgets via CI financial systems. Manage the CI Europe bank account.
• Operations and Administration: Manage contracts and grants. Responsible of day-to-day office management. Provide support to manage the a.s.b.l. as per its status, and to CI legal services on other issues.
• Human Resources: Act as the Human Resources manager for the office. Manage relationships with the external contracted payroll provider and with CI Global HR. Coordinate the recruitment of interns and staff for CI Europe.
• Logistics: Organize and provide logistic support for events and meetings in Brussels.
• Communication: Responsible for the maintenance of the CI Europe website (to be active in September 2011) and for other internal and external communication items.
This is a full time permanent position (Contrat à Durée Indeterminée).
CANDIDATES SHOULD BE EU NATIONALS OR HAVE A VALID WORK PERMIT FOR BELGIUM.
• Fluent spoken and written French and English.
• A degree in business administration or equivalent; plus 5 years related experience.
• Proven financial management skills.
• Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and to skillfully gather and analyze information.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Effective communication skills.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Able to work within a small team and with minimal supervision.
• Familiarity with the requirements for successfully managing a non-profit organization under Belgian law (a.s.b.l.).
• Interest and experience in the environment sector is a plus.
Information and Application
For any questions, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
If you wish to apply, please send by August 31, 2011:
• a CV with at least three references
• a letter of recommendation from a former employer or supervisor
• a cover letter (in English)
Applications should be sent by email only at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the mention “Manager Operations and Finance” in the email title.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview in September.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to